SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
Possible job titles include:
- chef de partie.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHCCC017 Handle and serve cheese